Welcome to the Sheriff's Office
| PHONE: (906) 225-8435 (Main Line)
FAX: (906) 225-8485
TIP LINE: (906) 225-8441
236 W. Baraga Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
We thank you for taking the time to learn more about the Marquette County Sheriff's Office. In addition to fulfilling our constitutional mandates and providing law enforcement services, your Sheriff's office also participates in a number of community events.
This web site will show you a number of services that we provide, as well as ways you can get involved and work with us to ensure Marquette County remains a safe place to live and work.
IMPORTANT message regarding Sheriff's Office/Jail Operations
Governor's EO 2020-21
Effective until April 13th
In light of recent events regarding the COVID-19 the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office lobby will be closed to the public. Specific information outlined below:
Call 911 for all emergencies
- Inmate visitation is available by visiting www.videovisitanywhere.com (There will be no in-house visitation)
- Inmate bond and commissary deposits can be made by visiting jailatm.com
- Jail Housing payments can be made by mail or calling (906) 225-8477
- Civil Process payments and requests for papers to be served should be mailed. Questions concerning civil process can be directed to (906) 225-8463
- FOIA requests can be requested by visiting co.marquette.mi.us
- Sex Offenders should call (906) 225-8435 to make arrangements with staff to verify. Failure to do so will result in non-compliance
- Completed RI-060 Forms and completed Permit to Purchase Forms should be mailed to: 236 W. Baraga Ave. Marquette, MI 49855
- If you need a Permit to Purchase a firearm immediately, please call (906) 225-8435 to make arrangements with staff
- There will be a clerk available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for essential services only. You must call ahead.