The Marquette County Health Department’s Dental Outreach Programs collaborate with our area dentists, schools, Head Start, Early On, Great Start Collaborative, hospitals, and other health agencies and offices to educate and assist parents, children, and families about the importance of good oral health.
We also receive support from My Community Dental Centers, the Steelworker’s Coalition, Keweenaw Bay Indian Council, and several area service clubs.
Some of our Dental Outreach Programs include:
MCHD Dental Outreach Summary 2017-18
- Transport-a-Tooth Kits to all area schools
- School-based Fluoride Mouthrinse Programs
- Dental Prevention information/toothbrushes for newborn parent packets at area hospitals
- Varnish! Michigan Babies Too! Fluoride Varnish program for WIC children
- Kindergarten classroom dental prevention ‘fun’ visits in a game-like atmosphere including take home/backpack prevention messages for parents
- “Tooth Booth” at health fairs and other area events
Check out our links of interest on the right to learn more or contact:
Rebecca Maino, Dental Health Coordinator, at 315-2615.
Looking for low-cost dental services in Marquette County?
Links of Interest
Fluoride Varnish Application in a Minute Video