Marquette County Building Codes Permits Forms
For your convenience, Marquette County has made the permit forms available to you to complete online.
- Sign and date the application form
- Include the appropriate payment for fees
- Either mail or bring them in to:
Marquette County Resource Management Development Department
234 W. Baraga Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
Call to confirm that your application has been received and approved
** before starting work **
Instructions for Completing Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Permits
- Fill out name and the address of the property where the work is being performed. Make sure correct Township and City is clearly marked. If you do not have an address, include directions to site and map if needed. Also check the appropriate box as to whether or not you have a building permit.
- Homeowners need to fill in address only if mailing address is different than the property address. Contractors need to fill in all information.
- Type of Equipment: If building a new residence, remodeling or putting on an addition, you may use the New Single Family Residence Fee. For small remodeling or addition jobs, it may be more beneficial to use the Application Permit Fee and then check all that apply. Add all fees together and make check payable to Marquette County.
The following forms include fee schedules which are
effective January 1, 2014
Application for a Building Permit
Single Family Dwellings & Additions Specification
2015 MICHIGAN UNIFORM ENERGY CODE
Residential Garage & Accessory Building Specification
Decks for Single Family Dwellings Specification
Pole Building Specification
Plan Review Application
Residential Mechanical Permit
Commercial Mechanical Permit
Soil Erosion Permit Application
Soil Erosion "225 Exemption Letter"
If you have any questions, you may call between 8a.m. - 5p.m.
Monday through Friday.
|For all technical questions:
Please call the appropriate inspector
(Click here for contact information)